Let’s try something different this year.
Instead of focusing our New Year’s resolutions on all that we need to change or get rid of, why not resolve to be fully in love with who we are and what truly lights us up? These are often the little parts of our daily routine that allow us to review, reflect, and reset. In other instances, they are simply the things that make us feel joyful, silly, giving, and loved. Above all, they allow us to show up authentically and feel exactly how we want to feel — and isn’t that the point of it all?
Here’s what I’m not giving up in 2016:
- Random sage smudging sessions at home
- All black everything
- Buying myself flowers
- Alone time
- Capsule wardrobes
- Purging my spaces of all excess
- Saying no when that’s what I mean
- Breakup music
- Self improvement books, blogs, and podcasts
- Quitting things that need to be quit
- No makeup and flats > makeup and heels
- Talking 20%, listening 80%
- Friday nights in bed, watching Shark Tank
- Sunday mornings in bed, watching OWN
- Spending on experiences and not things
What are you not giving up this year? Share in the comments.